Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Filezilla ( a free FTP solution)

It is an open source project intend to solve ftp problems for the common user. It has both client and server versions. Client is a platform independent where as server is currently available for windows platform only. Hopefully we may see soon server edition on all platforms too. It is an open source project and is still going its production.Currently we have its stable versions available at their website. The link follows below.
http://filezilla-project.org/index.php

Well, its time for my personal review.

My Review: 


1) Why did you checked this tool?
a) When I started in search of a simple and efficient software for ftp solution as I have to upload and download my data from my personal sites, I found this software.

2) Is there any other software which works like the same?
a) I have checked out many other solutions but nothing in deed gave me as satisfaction as this tool. I have been using this software for more than a year and I am very happy with it.

3) Why do you prefer using this tool?
a) Well, It is firstly giving the basic and standard solution for all my ftp problems and secondly it is an open source and no need to purchase a license.

4) Who can use this tool?
a) Any one, from a single user to a multi national company any one can use this tool. It is a well structured and technically speaking no crashes, no memory leaks, no runtime errors and finally no complaints. So I strongly recommend to all.

5) How good are its features?
a) It supports transfers of files without any interruption. It transfers the data by converting into small packets and so even if net disconnect and when reconnected back the transfer just continues with out breaking the operation, just like data transfer through torrents upload and download.

6) How do you rate this tool in comparison with other similar tools?
a) 4/5 ( over all ) and 5/5 ( open source )

download:
http://filezilla-project.org/index.php
http://filehippo.com/download_filezilla/

visit any of this links to download directly.

for more queries please mail to softsiddu@rediffmail.com

regards,
Sid

No comments:

Post a Comment